Construction on Carson City streets for the week beginning July 3.
• Work has started on the southeast sewer extension project, which will effect Valley View Drive from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive, Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Clearview Drive, Clearview Drive from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive and Conte Drive from Bennett Avenue to Hudson Drive. Traffic controls will be in effect for the duration of the work. The target completion date is Sept. 6.
• Work has started on the Timberline and Combs canyon storm water drainage project, which will have a limited effect on Combs Canyon Road between Ormsby Boulevard and Murphy Drive and on Murphy Drive at its intersection with Van Patten Avenue. Traffic controls will be in effect. The target completion date is Dec. 15.
• The 2006 slurry seal project is now under way in the central and southern parts of the city. Homes and businesses on the streets to be slurry sealed will be given a minimum of 48 hours advance notice of the work. Streets will normally only be affected for about a four-hour period on the day the slurry seal is placed. The target completion date is Aug. 5. No work will be performed this week.
• Freeway construction continues until further notice.
• Roop Street/Hot Springs construction will continue through August.