The following people appeared in Carson City District Court this week:
• Kimberly Brune, 43, was given a suspended jail sentence of 12 months and up to three years probation on a charge of gross misdemeanor detain, conceal, remove child in violation of custody rights or court order. Brune, suffering from mental illness, fled with her two sons, ages 5 and 7, in June. She was arrested in Vacaville and the children were unharmed.
• Robert Joseph Nuckles, 49, pleaded not guilty to a charge of possession of a controlled substance. A trial is set for Sept. 13.
• Eric John Sunderland, 40, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance. He will be sentenced in July.
• Javier Merlin, 37, pleaded not guilty to use of false identification to avoid prosecution. A trial is set in June.
• Alfredo Santillian, 42, pleaded guilty to use of false identification to avoid prosecution. He was sentenced to 31 days time served and is being detained on an immigration hold.
• Robert Lee Lyons Jr., 46, pleaded not guilty to failing to register as a sex offender. A trial is set for August. He was convicted in Washoe County in 2004 of attempted lewdness with a minor under 14.
• Scott Gerald Shadden pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance and was given a suspended prison sentence of 12-32 months, and up to five years probation.