• The Northern Nevada Railway Foundation has some exciting events coming up and needs volunteers to help at the office. This helps the V&T Railroad.
• Are you a caregiver that needs a break? We are here to help. We have volunteers to provide you with a break from your 24/7 care of your loved one. This is a free service.
• RSVP is looking for Respite volunteers to give caregivers a break. Volunteers receive training, mileage reimbursement and a stipend of $175 per month.
• RSVP needs Home Companion Volunteers to help provide seniors with basic needs and services such as visiting, reading, shopping for groceries, and more.
• Drivers urgently needed for RSVP Carson City to provide seniors transportation to the doctor. RSVP has a van available for drivers' use, or drive your own vehicle and get mileage reimbursement.
• Fremont Elementary School desperately needs volunteers to assist the school librarian or to work with the Garden Habitat project: gardening, weeding, cleaning and pruning.
• Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
• Like to see great shows for free? The Carson City Parks and Recreation Department is training volunteers for its' Community Center Theater for productions: light and sound technicians. They really need an usher coordinator to keep all these ushers coordinated. This is exciting work and you get to see all the great shows in the theater! Also looking for volunteers for daytime building monitors, custodians, and maintenance.
• Ormsby Association for Retarded Citizens needs volunteers for its Thrift Store to sort, hang and organize clothing. This is their big source of funds. Please help!
• Nevada State Department of Corrections needs a volunteer to manage the inmate store on East 5th Street (outside the gate.)
• Northern Nevada Development Agency needs volunteers for clerical, receptionist, and data entry positions. Experience with Excel data entry a must.
All volunteers receive orientation and training. Also, volunteers can receive out-of-pocket expenses and are covered by several insurances. For details call Carol, 775-687-4680 x 6.
Please do not contact the agency(s) listed above directly.
Also needing volunteers:
• Volunteers are needed in Carson City to work with foster cats approximately two hours per week, to help feed, clean litter boxes and socialize. Please call Tahoe WARF at 450-0724 or 883-8996. For more information about the organization, go to www.tahoewarf.com.