RSVP Volunteer opportunities:
• Carson City Fire Department needs volunteer(s) for receptionist position. Clerical experience is desired.
• Be part of the Foster Kids Closet Team. The closet provides clothing to children as they enter foster care. Volunteers needed to organize donated clothing and keep the Closet running.
• RSVP needs Home Companion Volunteers to help provide seniors with basic needs and services such as visiting, reading, helping organize files, shopping for groceries, and more.
• Drivers urgently needed for RSVP Carson City to provide seniors transportation to the doctor.
• RSVP is looking for Respite volunteers to give caregivers a break. Volunteers receive training, mileage reimbursement and a stipend of $175 per month.
• Like to see great shows for free? The Carson City's Parks and Recreation Department is training volunteers for its community center and theater for productions; light and sound technicians; custodians; building monitors and ushers. This is exciting work and you get to see all the great shows in the theater!
• Freemont Elementary School desperately needs volunteers to assist the school librarian or to work with the Garden Habitat project: gardening, weeding, cleaning and pruning.
• Ormsby Association of Carson City (formerly OARC) needs volunteers for its Thrift Store to sort, hang and organize clothing. This is their big source of funds. Please help!
• Northern Nevada Railroad Foundation needs volunteers for its Carson City downtown office to help with visitors. Lots of memorabilia to perk up your day.
• Nevada State Department of Corrections needs a volunteer to manage the inmate store on East 5th Street (outside the gate.)
• Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
• Here's a short-term exciting volunteer opportunity. Be a "tour guide" for this session of the Legislature to take groups of kids and adults around the building to see how our state government works.
• Northern Nevada Development Agency needs volunteers for clerical, receptionist, and data entry positions. Experience with Excel data entry a must.
All volunteers receive orientation and training. Also, volunteers can receive out-of-pocket expenses and are covered by several insurances. For details call Carol, 775-687-4680 x 6. Please do not contact the agency directly.
Also seeking volunteers:
• ESL In-Home Program continues free individual English as a Second Language (ESL) Tutor training at your convenience. If you would like to help teach others English, contact Florence at 775-888-2021 to set up appointment.