The following people appeared in Carson City District Court on Monday:
• Robert Lee Lyons Jr., 46, was expected to plead guilty Monday to failing to register as a sex offender. Lyons decided against the plea deal and a trial is pending. He was convicted in Washoe County in 2004 of attempted lewdness with a minor under 14.
• Raymond Justin Mann, 23, received a prison sentence of 12-34 months on a charge of attempted theft. The sentence is to run concurrent to one he is already serving.
• Heavenle Nickell, 24, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance. She faces one to four years in prison, or probation, when sentenced June 13.
• Stephanie Ann Ridley, pleaded guilty to attempted grand larceny. She faces up to four years in prison for allegedly attempting to steal more than $250 in merchandise from Kohl's.
• Jesse Vickers, 21, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess stolen property for trying to pawn a stolen tennis bracelet. He was immediately sentenced to one year in jail to run concurrent with a prison term out of Lyon County for possession of a credit card without cardholder's consent.